Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My little Boy is 2

I never understood why parents would say "I wish time would slow down" until I became a mom. I have been looking at some pictures and it feels like just yesterday I was holding him for the first time. I feel so blessed to have him as my son and to have a husband that works so hard so I can stay home. Here are just a few things that make me laugh that Carson does or says.

1. Almost every morning when he wakes up he says "Mommy hold you, Mommy hold me" I have corrected him so many times that if he wants me to hold him he says "mommy hold me". It melts my heart every morning.

2. He has just starting saying Love you mommy.

3. Carries his toy cars with him everywhere he goes; this includes bedtime. I have to go in after he has fallen asleep and collect 7-10 cars. If I miss a few he rolls over them during the night and wakes up screaming. I try really hard to find all 10.

4. He loves to be with me all day. It does not matter if I'm doing dishes, making the bed, or cleaning.

5. If you know Carson well enough you know he goes by Carso. I don't know how that nick name started but it has stuck. It makes me laugh when people ask him his name because he replies Carso.

I love this little person so much and wish time would slow down a little bit.

9 comments:

Ames and Jer-da-me said...

It is crazy how fast he is growing. He is a funny kid and we certainly love him to death.

Mistie said...

I completely understand the "slow time" comment. I tell Ashton we are buying a freezer and freezing him. They grow up way too fast. Carson really is so sweet...i love the little things you wrote that he says. Age 2 is such a fun time.

Jolanda said...

Happy Birthday Carso! I can't beleive how fast he is growing up. It seems like you just announced you were pregnant with him! How time flies!

The Ashtons said...

Isn't that the truth! They grow up wwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too fast!

Maile said...

I love that picutre in the slideshow of Carso as a baby - the black and white one where he's smiling with his eyes closed and his head resting on his hands. I think it's amazing to look at a picture like that from when he was so little and still see part of the personality he has today. He's such a cute kid!

Troy, Kristin, and Two Rug Rats said...

I can't believe he is two. I remember coming to see you in hospital when you had him. He hasn't cnahged much from his baby pictures, he is just a little bit bigger with the same facial expressions.

Corrigan Clan said...

I think Shane said it best when he told me a while back, "I can't believe that just looking at someone can make me so happy." This age is so stinking cute and because we can't stop time we have to blog and take pictures and shoot videos of them and remember always how amazing they are. Love you.

Corrigan Clan said...

I think Shane said it best when he told me a while back, "I can't believe that just looking at someone can make me so happy." This age is so stinking cute and because we can't stop time we have to blog and take pictures and shoot videos of them and remember always how amazing they are. Love you.

Naomi said...

Love the picture of Carson on the pink bike with a princess crown on. It reminds me of when we went to pick up Ethan from a friend of ours, who had all girls at the time, and around the corner came Ethan with his tutu, crown and high heels and a "hey, this is fun!"