Thursday, July 19, 2007

Our New Home

What a crazy adventure this has been. We are still not moved in but oh well, life does go on. The first day my mom and I got here we could barely open the door into the apartment. We just laughed because we knew we had our work cut out for us. I don't know if any of you have moved into NY but it is a lot different then anywhere else. First we are very lucky that we have an elevator, our movers would have killed us!


After we got most of the boxes empty we had to take them down the elevator and out to the box dump. We loaded up all of the boxes that we could fit and got the elevator and we could not get the door shut. We were laughing most of the time because it was a move in that we will never forget. Carson had fun ridding on the cart.
We got things kind of settled before my birthday and the morning of I opened a present that had my sisters flight plan. My dad and mom had flown her out to be with me on my birthday we spent the day in the city. Carson had his first Taxi ride and his first subway trip. It was so much fun to have them here. We love our new home.
This is Carson's first Taxi ride. He loved it because he did not have to be in a car seat.

8 comments:

Parker Family said...

I can't believe it! How much fun, you always were the one full of adventure! We need to plan a trip and get together. Good luck with everything.

Taryn said...

I've been wondering how long it would take you to get a post up here about moving! I'm so excited you guys are so close! I am coming up in two weeks - hopefully we can meet up. Otherwise I tend to make it up there quite a bit. And when you're settled get your rears down here for a West Wing tour!

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

Kacycee..

This is Brad's wife, Nikki. It's been forever since we saw you guys. I think the hypnotist show is the last we hung out :) ha ha. How exciting that you're in New York! I bet its slightly different than Utah. Carson is adorable! How old is he? Anyway, I hope your packing is almost done!

Meg said...

Hi- Welcome to NYC! It's always great to hear of new families moving in. We have been in NY for two years now and just love it! Again, please don't hesitate if you need anything..

Megan Porter
mmporter@Portersonline.com

gina bina said...

Wow! I'm so jealous, I would love to live in NY. It would be a total change of pace and life style. Good luck!

The Ashtons said...

Hi Bean,
How is it going with everything new in your life??
I've been thinking about you a lot. We move to Orem next week.
Love ya,
Spann

Noah and Amanda said...

Hi Kaycee this is Amanda one of Taylors friends from along time ago. Anyways I think it is so great you guys are in NY. You have a lot of boxes...I would love to see pictures of your place once its been all unpacked!

Ryan said...

I bet you guys will love living in NY. Good luck with the move!