Monday, January 21, 2008

My Greatest Find.

Last weekend we decided to move out of our apartment and into a smaller place. Yes, I know you are all thinking we are crazy, but the price tag is what did it for us.
Every time Taylor and I have moved we downsize. Our first place was a 1700 square foot town home with plenty of room. Then we moved to NY and lived in a 1200 square foot apartment. Now we are living in an 800 square foot apartment.
This past week I have been trying to find hiding spots for all of our JUNK!! I have been putting stuff in every corner and every closet. We had no more hiding spots and I still had piles of stuff that needed a home. I was getting so frustrated with everything especially the stupid 7 foot Christmas tree that had been lying in our hall way for the past week, which I have tripped and stubbed my toe on multiply times. Right after stubbing my toe for the who knows how many times and cursing this apartment I looked up and saw this...........


Yes, an attic. I got so excited that I ran and grabbed the ladder and crawled up in. As soon as I got up inside and looked around I could not believe what I was looking at. Tons of space. I ran to call Taylor to tell him about my new find. I reorganized our entire apartment and hauled tons of bins and most importantly the 7 foot stupid Christmas tree into the attic. Now our closets are not even full!!!! What a wonderful day.

12 comments:

Kandis said...

I feel your excitement. We live in a 1100 square foot home and I feel like recently I'm cramming stuff into our few last empty spaces. That's exciting to get that much stuff out of the way!

Rhett, Angie, and Rion said...

Ha! Ha! Thats great! I wish our place had an attic. We could use the extra storage space. I am glad you found a place for your Christmas tree. It seemed sad to have to get rid of a perfectely good tree.

Taryn said...

oh my goodness! an attic! what a treat!!

i empathize with the trying to organize in small square footage dilemna...i think i reorganize weekly thinking there has got to be a corner i havne't noticed yet to cram junk into! :)

gina bina said...

Space is a premium, especially in NYC. We are also busting at the seams where we live. I've tried to de-junk but somehow it's so easy to fill up space with crap.

Naomi said...

Yayyyy! When you said that you were so excited that you ran to call Taylor, I thought you were going to say that you tripped over your Christmas tree again! Tee Hee! WOW! What a great space and so glad you found it now instead of when you had gotten rid of all your stuff.

Jolanda said...

That is so exciting, probably just like finding a secret room in your house. I would never think that an apartment in NYC would have an attic, go figure!

Jess said...

Hooray! I finally got a storage until last month because I was sick of all the clutter. Too bad I'm not very good at parting with things. :)

Maile said...

Now that is an awesome find. It's amazing how quickly stuff builds up, especially if you're going down in size!

matt, camee, tyty, kaylee and jayce said...

I love you!!! :) I miss you!! i could totally see you doing all of that..including cursing at the stupid Christmas tree :) Where did you guys move too?? I'm happy you found a place!! keep in touch!

Heidi said...

Kaycee!!! Hi i just found your blog and got so excited! I had no idea you were a mommy and lived in ny! Wow, what a darling little guy. I had a dream about your fmaily last night... weird! Glad you are well! check us out:) justinandheidinelson.blogspot.com
xoxo

Mistie said...

What i would give for an attic?!! Oh, it really makes my hear go pitter patter. I am jealous!! I am glad other people have stuff like me that you need to shove somewhere!

Troy, Kristin, and Two Rug Rats said...

I just talked to you, but I didn't know you moved. And I like Camee can totally picture you doing this too. It totally makes me miss the good ol Brookeside days. It was so good to talk to you, we need to stay in touch better. Love Your Guts Bean.