Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cruise

Taylor and I went on a cruise last week. We had a lot of fun. We probably would have had even more fun if we drank, but then we would not have remembered it! We decided that cruises are spring break for old people.
The first day we pretty much just ate everything in sight and had an evacuation drill. This is us in our life jackets practicing the drill.


It was windy the frist day at sea so we did not get in the water much. Instead we went and got 85 minute seaweed massages, and then I got a facial which was so relaxing.
We again pretty much just ate everything we could that day and everyday we were on our cruise. The food was great and it was free! Every night around midnight we went and got a pizza and a hamburger. Taylor ate the hot dogs and could not stop talking about how good they were. I think it was because it was so late .
On the second night they have a formal night. We got dressed up and after they had a broadway show which actually was really good.
In Jamaica we met this guy named Jack on our tour with a local. He took us everywhere . The rainforest was beautiful . There was a lot of poverty in Jamaica and it was not very clean. We hiked up a waterfall which was probably close to 3/4 a mile. It was so cool. We had to rent water shoes to be able to go up the falls. Taylor fell a couple of times because he was leading our group.

This was the highlight of the trip. In the grand cayman we went swimming with sting rays. It was so cool! I was terrified at the beginning . They come right up to you and rub against your legs. This completly freaked me out at first but after a while you just got use to it. We were able to hold one and got a picture.
On the ship there was a rock climbing wall which we went on. We were actually pretty good at rock climbing. My arms were so sore from climbing the wall.
We got off the ship at 10:00 and our flight did not leave until 5:00 so we went to an arcade resterant and played some arcades it was a lot of fun. Taylor and I had a boxing round. Taylor won his man. I did not go very far.

6 comments:

Tanis said...

Im jelous- i want to go on a cruise so badly... cam thinks its a waste of money. i guess i'll just live vicariously thru you guys! :)

Leishman's said...

looks like you had fun, we wish that we could have gone with you

Jolanda said...

I am sooo jealouse! It looks like you had lots of fun. We will all have to go on a nice vacation sometime when we can all leave our kids behind.

Jessica said...

What's up with all these vacations? I think I am due. By the way, I love your short hair.

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Lets try this again- for some reason the first one didn't work :-)

Hi- you don't know me but I am friends with Jess and Damon and I also knew Taylor while going to Ricks College. I saw your blog and noticed that you are moving out to New York- My husband and I moved to New York two years ago from Idaho and we always love to hear of new people coming out. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.My email address is: mmporter@portersonline.com. Jess can let you know that I'm not a crazy person lol... we have lots of fun out here in the big apple and always look forward to having new couples come and play with us. Good Luck with your move and you are going to love new york.

Megan Porter